Shalom everyone! The following is diagram of the generations of Noah (Noach) and his immediate family based upon the accounts of the Book of Genesis (Bereshith) in the Tanakh, the Book of Jasher, and the Book of Jubilees:
The Generations of Noah: Noah and His Immediate Family
The name of Noah‘s wife is unclear. The Book of Jubilees states that Noah married Emzara, the daughter of his uncle Rake’el (Jubilees 4:33). However, the Book of Jasher mentions that Noah married Naamah, the daughter of Enoch, his great grandfather. Noah had three sons, Japheth, Shem, and Ham. The Book of Jubilees lists Emzara as the mother of all three (Jubilees 4:33); the Book of Jasher lists Naamah as the mother of only two of Noah‘s sons, Japheth and Shem, with Ham‘s mother not mentioned.
Noah‘s three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth each married one of the daughters of Eliakim (Jasher 5:35, Jubilees 7:14-16) as follows:
- Japheth married Adataneses daughter of Eliakim, and had issue:
- Seven sons Gomer, Magog, Madai, Tubal, Meshech, Tiras and Javan
- Shem married Sedeqetelebab daughter of Eliakim, and had issue:
- Five sons Elam, Asshur, Arpachshad, Lud and Aram
- At least one daughter, Name Unknown, who later became the wife of Madai, son of Japheth (Jubilees 10:50-51).
- Ham married Ne’elatama’uk daughter of Eliakim, and had issue:
- Four sons Cush, Put, Mirzraim and Canaan
The texts do not name all of the children of Japheth, Shem, and Ham ; these men had to have had additional daughters for their male offspring to marry in order to fulfil HaShem‘s command to reproduce and replenish the Earth after the Flood (Genesis 9:1).